Most homeowners do not give too much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or it comes time to buy a new model. In order to get the most from this important appliance it can be nice to know how a refrigerator keeps your food and drinks cold—and Boulder Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to find out all you might need to understand about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and if it’s time to reach out to refrigerator repair Boulder.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many homes that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-have kitchen appliance for many years now. A household refrigerator is able to store your food at the best temperature, in order to stop spoiling and slow down bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by moving the warmth from inside of the unit to the outside, by using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Boulder Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combo of a pump and a motor, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is found on the back outside panel of the appliance and is there to release the heat absorbed from within the refrigerator then out to the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is located in the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs heat trapped within it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to find a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquified coolant is directed within a capillary tube which works as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby turning it back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the current temperature inside a refrigerator, starting the cooling period when appropriate.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to issues. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Boulder for service right after a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside the refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the compressor to begin, and then the cooling cycle starts. The appliance collects the cool liquified refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor guides the warm gas towards the condenser coils located on the outside of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and returns to a liquid form.
3. The cool liquified gas continues on its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the coils within the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The refrigerant then absorbs the heated air from within the refrigerator, thereby lowering the temperature until it has reached the desired final point.
5. The refrigerant then evaporates, and turns back to a gas state, and then returns to the compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in quite a few applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By contracting heat from a single place and transferring it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, provides a perfect space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of many different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Boulder Appliance Repair.
Boulder Appliance Repair is able to repair most popular models of refrigerators – including commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced appliance repairmen in Boulder undergo training to repair issues with cooling, ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, bulbs, touch controls, smart systems and other problems. We know all about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Boulder Appliance Repair